vilka91

Can't seem to get access to 8915E (401k 10% early withdrawal penalty forgiveness)

Hi,
I'm using Self-employed version to file taxes electronically. I qualify for 10% early 401k withdrawal penalty forgiveness, but can't seem to find the 8915-E form in online version.

After uploading 1099-R, it takes additional 10% penalty on top of taxes.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.
Thank you.

CatinaT1
Employee Tax Expert

Retirement tax questions

You will report this on a Form 8915-E.  On February 11th, the IRS finalized the Form 8915-E for retirement plan distributions under the CARES act.  The form will be available on TurboTax for efile approximately February 24th. 

Please sign-up here and we will email you once the form is live.

In the mean time, you can make sure you are eligible for the provision here - Coronavirus Relief

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

View solution in original post

Retirement tax questions

March 17th and still no form

DaveF1006
Expert Alumni

Retirement tax questions

Form 8915-E is not included in 2021 Turbo Tax. It has been replaced by form 8915-F.

@dkochert3Form

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Retirement tax questions

Why won't 8915F appear then when I get to that section.  Has it been released by turbo yet, looks like IRS has it done

Retirement tax questions

@dkochert3 wrote:

Why won't 8915F appear then when I get to that section.  Has it been released by turbo yet, looks like IRS has it done

Form 8915-F, Qualified Disaster Retirement Plan Distributions and Retirements is scheduled to be available in TurboTax on 03/24/2022

Go to this TurboTax website for IRS forms availability - https://care-cdn.prodsupportsite.a.intuit.com/forms-availability/turbotax_fed_online_individual.html