Expert Alumni

Retirement tax questions

No, just as a Traditional IRA and a 401(k) are not the same thing, a Roth IRA and a Roth 401(k) are not the same thing (although they do have some characteristics).  Your Roth 401(k) contribution is listed in Box 12 of your W-2, and is reported by entering your W-2.  That's all you have to do for your Roth 401(k).

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

View solution in original post