kcwwgroup

How do I file 1096? Also, where is my 1099 file? Where can I find the Turbo Tax File with my 1099 information?

I just efiled the my 1099 Misc. But I did not see any follow up to file the 1096.  I also cannot find record of my 1099 filing.  

Retirement tax questions

Are you using the link within Home&Business to prepare online or on your computer?
If this posted response is useful to you, please click on the upraised hand in the lower left of this post. Thank you. Scruffy Curmudgeon--PFFM/ IAFF, retired FireFighter/Paramedic - Locals 718/30, Veteran USAR O3 AIS/ASA '65-'67

NOT INTUIT EMPLOYEE
USAR 64-67 AIS/ASA MOS 9301 - O3

- Just donating my time
**Say Thanks by clicking the thumb icon in the lower left corner -it means nothing but makes those than answer feel wanted.
kcwwgroup

Retirement tax questions

yes.  That is how I got into the program and e-filed.

Retirement tax questions

ok, wait a few minutes will pull up a graphic pathfinder
If this posted response is useful to you, please click on the upraised hand in the lower left of this post. Thank you. Scruffy Curmudgeon--PFFM/ IAFF, retired FireFighter/Paramedic - Locals 718/30, Veteran USAR O3 AIS/ASA '65-'67

NOT INTUIT EMPLOYEE

- Just donating my time
**Say Thanks by clicking the thumb icon in the lower left corner -it means nothing but makes those than answer feel wanted.
kcwwgroup

Retirement tax questions

Thank you.  What is a graphic pathfinder?
kcwwgroup

Retirement tax questions

Your solution worked.  Scurffy_Curmudgeon.  Thanks.  Looks like the 1096 is not e-filed.  Have to print and send.

Retirement tax questions

There are two different approaches to producing Form 1099-MISC and accompaning Form 1096 Transmittal using TurboTax.

The simplest is to use the online service that is available called Quick Employer Forms which not only produces Form 1099-MISC but also W-2, 1099-INT and 1099-DIV.

The link to get you started is here, but realize that all your employee data for your 1099-MISC recipients will be stored online only. 

https://quickemployerforms.intuit.com/signin.htm?url=https%3A%2F%2Fquickemployerforms.intuit.com%2Fw...

As a purchaser of either TurboTax Business or Home&Business, you can use this link and sign in with the log-in used to either purchase the product or to register, or to access support.

Alternatively, you can do all Form 1099-MISC/1096 work, except printing, on your computer and then go online to QEF to electronically transmit the 1099-MISC Copy A& 1096 [note these forms require printing on red-inked forms which is why it makes sense to do  online submittal]

See attachment

NOT INTUIT EMPLOYEE

- Just donating my time

Retirement tax questions

I thought that the form 1096 was created but Not transmitted during the efiling of 1099s.  1096 is created for the payer to have a record.  If all 1099s are efiled then the 1096 is not tranmitted. 

Isn't that correct?