I noticed on my federal tax form I didn't see my retirement added in can you please for me?

My retirement pension I do not see it on my taxes for federal 20,213.00 can you check this out?

Retirement tax questions

No one can check for you.   We cannot see or access your return.    Did you already e-file?   

It should be on lines 5a and 5b IF you entered it.

PREVIEW 1040

https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/1901539-how-do-i-preview-my-turbotax-online-return-before-filing

Click on Tax Tools on the left side of the screen. Click on Tools. Click on View Tax Summary. Click on Preview my 1040 on the left side of the screen.

If you have not e-filed:

To enter your retirement income, Go to  Federal> Wages and Income>Retirement Plans and Social Security>IRA  401 k) Pension Plan Withdrawals to enter your 1099R.

Or.....

Did you click that big orange button that said “Transmit my return now?”  If you did that, you cannot do anything to fix it yet.  The IRS will begin to accept/reject 2020 returns on Friday, February 12, 2021.  You have to wait for the email that tells you if your return was accepted or rejected.  If you do not see an email, check your spam folder.

You cannot change or add anything on the return that you just e-filed, nor can you stop it.  It is too late, just like when you put an envelope in a US mailbox on the corner.

If you left out a W-2, a 1099G, or a dependent, or a 1099 etc…DO NOT change your return while it is “pending.”  The changes will go nowhere.

Now you have to wait until the IRS either rejects or accepts your return.  If your return is rejected, you will be able to go into your account and make the necessary changes to your tax return and re-submit your return.

If the IRS accepts your return, however, then you have to wait longer until it has been fully processed and you have received your refund.  THEN you can prepare an amended tax return and mail it in. You have to be able to work from that return exactly the way it was when it was e-filed originally.  You will need to use a form called a 1040X. return.  

Meanwhile, DO NOT go in and start changing anything on your return in the system, or you will make a mess for yourself.  Sit tight and wait until you see what the IRS does with the return you just e-filed

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**
Redsuvwagon
Returning Member

Retirement tax questions

I am having the same issue.  When I get to area to enter my 1099 R I get an error code that says the IRS is still working on that section and it will be ready soon.  I don't understand this, I have used Turbo Tax for years and never had an issue.

Retirement tax questions

@Redsuvwagon

There are a number of 2020 forms now that the 2nd stimulus passed — that are still being revised by the IRS and the states.  Click on the REVIEW tab to see what form(s) you are waiting for and when it is estimated to be ready (dates are subject to change) ... 

IRS Forms Availability Table for TurboTax Individual (Personal) Tax Products

·         

State Forms Availability Table for TurboTax Individual (Personal) Tax Products

There is no reason to rush and e-file now.  The IRS is not accepting 2020 returns until February 12, 2021.

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**