GLM_12

CSA 1099-R "Where is your distribution From?" needs info. Can't satisfy this question when selecting "None of Above"

DanaB27
Expert Alumni

Retirement tax questions

Please go back to the beginning of the 1099-R section and verify that you selected "Office of Personnel Management (CSA 1099-R) For U.S. Government Civil Service retiree annuity" and not 1099-R.

1. Login to your TurboTax Account 
  2. Click on the Search box on the top and type “1099-R”
  3. Click on “Jump to 1099-R” and you should see the “Your 1099-R Entries” screen
  4. Click on "Edit" continue until "Who gave you a 1099-R?"

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
GLM_12

Retirement tax questions

When I get to the 1099-R section, I have 2 accounts displaying "Edit" and a 3d account (Off. of Pers. Mgt.) repeatedly displays "Needs Review" and offers only "Review", not Edit. When I do a federal review I get the "Where is your distribution from?"  question and "needs info." in red. I select "none of the above" and continue. the end results is it is a loop! with the same result each time I go through it.

DanaB27
Expert Alumni

Retirement tax questions

If you cannot edit the CSA 1099-R entry then please try to delete and renter the information to see if that will resolve your issue.

GLM_12

Retirement tax questions

No luck. I reentered the 1099-R manually ...same result. 

DanaB27
Expert Alumni

Retirement tax questions

We cannot see the details of your return, therefore I suggest contacting TurboTax for more detailed help. Please see What is the TurboTax phone number?

GLM_12

Retirement tax questions

Thanks for the assist. The problem was resolved. I logged in yesterday ran thru the CSA 1099-R again.  The problem did not repeat.