Says my social security number was used already brcause

I try to do my taxes but it says since i did e file i have to mail my taxes is there any other way to do it.
AnnetteB6
Employee Tax Expert

Retirement tax questions

No, filing by mail is your only alternative.  Filing electronically will continue to reject since it is in the IRS system that you have already filed.

@meganlange12345

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Retirement tax questions

If you sent a non-filer form in order to get the economic stimulus payment, that counts as a tax return and you can’t e-file two tax returns in the same year.  See this information from the IRS below.

Duplicate returns related to Economic Impact Payment (EIP): If a filer used the Non-Filers tool to register for EIP, they cannot file a subsequent tax return electronically. They must complete a paper Tax Year 2019 Form(s) 1040/1040-SR, print and write "Amended EIP Return" at the top, and mail the return to the IRS. The tax return must be mailed by the postponed due date of July 15, 2020 to avoid late-filing penalties and late fees. Please visit the Economic Impact Payment Center page on IRS.gov for upcoming information regarding duplicate returns related to EIP.

The TurboTax FAQ for this situation has been updated with the new instructions from the IRS.

Stimulus: How to file your return after getting reject R0000-902-01