Retirement section concerning moving to another states

I am using Turbo Tax and entering my 1099R. It then asks if I received it while living in more than one state. If I mark yes they want Arizona's info and my form only has info from California. We moved from CA to AZ. Do I mark no and deal with it somewhere else or mark yes, then how do I enter the info

AmyC
Expert Alumni

Retirement tax questions

Mark only your CA information on the  1099R since that is all there is. Then you will fill out a part year return for each state and can mark the amount received in each state as you go through the individual states.See How do I file a part-year state return?

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Retirement tax questions

The woman I spoke to on the phone was very helpful and helped me get through the federal portion of the turbo tax and figure out how I address this issue there. At the time I was lacking two pieces of information, not related to this, to finish my federal taxes. 

Now I am to the state tax return portion and I am looking at this and wondering where I look to find what they want and trying to understand what they are asking for. I will need to call again and get this worked out. for us laymen sometimes information is not clear.

MaryK4
Expert Alumni

Retirement tax questions

Yes, the live support is great because they are able to see what you are working on.  

@cb707

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"