Level 2

Real Estate investment expenses

I am retired and have several real estate investments in DST's.  They are considered qualified businesses.

May I deduct my personal healthcare insurance premiums?

Expert Alumni

Investors & landlords

it depends on how the income is being reported. If you are reporting this as Schedule C income, you can report the premiums as self-employed health insurance premiums in the expense section of your business return.  Schedule E income is not eligible for a self-employed insurance deduction.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

View solution in original post