sgsawhill

form 8824. I have turbotax deluxe. Form 8824 is from 2005. How can I enter this form. I tried entering the pertinent info on for 4797, but turbotax says it must be entered on 8824. How do I enter 8824?

Investors & landlords

Go see a tax pro....you're in way over your head.

If during the current tax year you transferred property to another party in a like-kind exchange, you must file Form 8824 with your tax return for that year. Also file Form 8824 for the 2 years following the year of a related party exchange.

JamesG1
Expert Alumni

Investors & landlords

IRS Form 8824 Like-Kind Exchanges is supported in TurboTax Online versions Premier and Self-Employed.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Investors & landlords

Maybe read the part where sgsawhill said the 8824 is from 2005....turbotax doesn't support that.

Windy3

Investors & landlords

Is there a more up-to-date answer to this question?  I have Turbo Tax Home and Business (not online) and I cannot find form 8824.  

Investors & landlords

@Windy3 wrote:

Is there a more up-to-date answer to this question?  I have Turbo Tax Home and Business (not online) and I cannot find form 8824.  

See this TurboTax support FAQ for a Form 8824 - https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/entering-importing/help/where-do-i-enter-a-like-kind-exchange-form...