I am getting an error "Capital Gain Wks (16 shares ICE) — Employer Stock Worksheet: Line 22 Column (c)-1 must be entered". How can I fix this error or find the worksheet?

Investors & landlords

Line 22, column (c)-1 is the date the option was granted, and that's what's missing.  Go back through the RSU "Guide me step by step" interview.  That box is on the "Enter Vesting (or Release) Information."

Tom Young

Investors & landlords

I have the same error. NO matter how i enter the dates it errors.   I received my RSU on 1/29/2016, vested on 1/31/2020, and sold on 2/2/2020.    NO matter how i enter i get the error.  My others do not have this error.  I delete the post and safe and refill in the information still an error.   this sucks.  help lines do not work

been trying to get help for 3 days now

DanV62

Investors & landlords

I have similar issue which has me at an impasse, and I'm finding support for this product is extremely lacking.  Has any progress been made on your issue?

Investors & landlords

Hi Dan,

Were you able to resolve this issue? I am running into same issue. Any help is appreciated. Thanks

MarilynG1
Expert Alumni

Investors & landlords

You are not required to use the Employee Stock Interview if you know the Cost Basis of your stock.

Enter as a regular 1099-B, and check that box that the 'cost basis is missing or incorrect' (screenshot). 

Then enter your known Cost Basis.

Click this link for more info on How to Enter 1099-B

This link has detailed info on Stock Options you may find helpful. 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"