New Member

My dividend and capital gains from investments did not transfer from my federal return to my NH State return. Why? There is no way to enter it into the form.

Level 1

Investors & landlords

Specific dividend and capital gains are not transferred to your state return. You generally just enter your adjusted gross income minus any state deductions (or let TurboTax do it for you). You might try the NH online return site and enter the requested data to show that certain specific income is not required on this return.
New Member

Investors & landlords

I'm having the same problem with my 2020 PA return.

Expert Alumni

Investors & landlords

@Seth00 Normally you don't make a separate entry to report Capital Gains/Losses on a state return.


Most states start their calculations with your Adjusted Gross Income amount from your Federal return, which already includes your Capital Gains/Losses.


Click this link for more info on Capital Gains in Pennsylvania. 



**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"