How do I fix this error ? 1098-T wks A link to taxpayer or spouse student worksheet ?

HOW DO I FIX THIS ERROR ? "1098-T wks A link to taxpayer or spouse student worksheet must be made if the student is the taxpayer or spouse, or link to a dependent below if one of them is the student."

Our college son is our dependent and I filed his college costs (1098-T reported) on our tax return. His taxes are prepared separately for his summer income only. I also was a student and received no 1098-T because I am over 64 and tuition is free for seniors at Community College. I only had textbooks $$ to declare. Thank you.

Education

I found the answer.

Go back to where you entered your 1098-T information and open it up to EDIT to see your data. Then go to FORMS. View the 1098-T Worksheet - See the empty data areas marked in yellow. Fill them in, or look to the left listing of the forms to see if you have duplicate 1098-T Worksheets that you don't need, or are not filled out completely. In my case, I had created manually, a duplicate 1098-T worksheet, separately, manually, while jumping around, filling in data, outside the Turbo Tax regular work flow steps they offer (painful!). I therefore clicked on the 1098-T wks I didn't need, and went to top menu bar for Forms and REMOVED FORM. It prompts you and you say YES. So good luck, hope this helped!

Education

How 

KathrynG3
Expert Alumni

Education

It depends. If you are in TurboTax Desktop, you can toggle over to Forms. From there, click on Open Forms and type in Student. Double click on the link to the student worksheet to make any adjustments or to delete the form by clicking delete in the lower left corner of the form.

If you are in TurboTax Online and need to delete Form 1098-T, follow these steps:

• From the left menu, select Tax Tools>
  • Tools>
  • Delete a Form>
  • Scroll to Form 1098-T, Delete and confirm the deletion

Click the link for additional information:

Lowdown on Education Tax Breaks

DoraT

Education

Very helpful. I was able to clear the same error, thank you!