I have finished filling all my 1098T information, but the total refund is still 0. What should I do?

LinaJ2018
Intuit Alumni

Education

Do you have any other information need to enter ?  On your 1098-T, do you have scholarship used to cover your tuition ?

Education

Yes. Also, do I include my parents paying my rent and monthly expense as gross income? it says my 1040 does not have enough info
LinaJ2018
Intuit Alumni

Education

No, you do not include those in your income.  You might not need to file.  what other tax documents or income do you have?

Education

It is keep saying "We don't have enough information to calculate your refund yet" but I answered all the question it asked

Education

It looks like you have a tax situation in your federal return that makes it ineligible for e-filing, according to IRS rules.

Here are the details:

All of the following lines of Form 1040 have a zero value:
Line 6 - Total income
Line 7 - Adjusted gross income
Line 11a - Tax
Line 11 - Total Tax Before Credits And Other Taxes
Line 12 - Total credits
Line 15 - Total tax
Line 18 - Total payments

Don't worry, even though you are unable to e-file your return, we'll still help you file your return by mail.

This message is been showing
LinaJ2018
Intuit Alumni

Education

Thank You for the information.  Please see the answer below.

Education

So, I can’t get the federal refund without income?
LinaJ2018
Intuit Alumni

Education

The program is showing the message is because you are not required to file.  Generally, if you do not have enough income, you do not need to file.  As you can see from the screen that when you have zero income, you do not qualify for most of the credits except the refundable credits like the education credit.  However, if your scholarship fully covers your qualified education expenses like tuition and fees, you will not qualify for the credit. 

2018 filing requirements for most people
  • Single filing status: $12,000 if under age 65. ...
  • Married filing jointly: $24,000 if both spouses under age 65. ...
  • Married filing separately — $5 for all ages.
  • Head of household: $18,000 if under age 65. ...
  • Qualifying widow(er) with dependent child: $24,000 if under age 65.