I've been trying to apply for 2019-2020 FAFSA which needs my 2017 tax returns. However, my dad is the one that filed them. And when I asked him to send me a copy of them he said he doesn't remember the login he used and can't find access to it. All I have is a confirmation email with the order number that was sent to me. Is there a way for me to get access to it?
Try these steps to recover your User ID or password:
- Go to our account recovery page.
- Enter one of the following:
- Phone number (recommended)
- Email address
- User ID
- Follow the on-screen instructions.
Once you’re done, we’ll either send you a code to help you recover your account, or show/send you a list of accounts associated with your info.
- If you’re still unable to recover your account, select Try something else on the Account Recovery page. We’ll ask additional questions to verify your identity.
Keep in mind: Once you’re back in your account, make sure to include or update your phone number. Doing so helps increase account security and ease account recovery.
(If you're looking to access a prior year return, go here.)
- I forgot my password in the TurboTax CD/Download software
- How do I update my TurboTax account information?
- Forgot your TurboTax Advantage login?
- I forgot my password in the TurboTax Mobile App
- How do I access my prior year (2017) return?
You can get a return transcript from the IRS for free : http://www.irs.gov/Individuals/Get-Transcript
For a $50 fee you can get a copy of the return from the IRS: https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/1901218-can-i-get-a-copy-of-my-tax-return-from-the-irs