jymiegra

Did i get a lifetime learner credit

i do not see this credit received in the review
AndreaG

Education

If you were able to claim any of these education benefits, you will be able to see that on your tax return.

If you filed a Federal Form 1040:

• line 34- tuition and fees deduction
  • line 50 - education credits [this line item is used to report the lifetime learning credit and the nonrefundable portion of the American opportunity credit]
  • line 68-American opportunity credit [this line item is used to report the refundable portion of this credit]

If you filed a Federal Form 1040A: 

•  line 19- tuition and fees deduction
  • line 33- education credits [this line item is used to report the lifetime learning credit and the nonrefundable portion of the American opportunity credit]
  • line 44- American opportunity credit [this line item is used to report the refundable portion of the credit]

To review the entries on your Form 1040:

• click on "take me to my return"
  • Click on "my account" tab at the very top of the screen
  • Click on "tools"
  • Click on "view tax summary"
  • Click on "preview my 1040". This is part of a narrow white bar at the very top of the screen
  • When your 1040 form appears, you will be able to scroll through and look at the individual line items.
  • Click the "back" button when you want to return to your main Turbo Tax screen. The back button is part of a narrow white bar at the very top of the screen.

View solution in original post