Closing an LLC

Hello. I am filing a final 1099 and 1096 to close an LLC and I am having issues with the on line form. I keep receiving the following message, and I cannot seem to correct the error.

We're almost done with this form. Error check found the following:

Form 1099-MISC Worksheet (Charles Cammarata): This recipient's tax Form 1099-MISC must report a dollar value in at least one field for Miscellaneous Income/Federal Income Tax Withholdings to e-file.
Form 1099-MISC Worksheet (Charles Cammarata): Box 4 - Fed Tax W/H must be less than zero.

M-MTax
Level 10

Business & farm

What are you trying to do? A member of an LLC shouldn't have federal tax withheld ordinarily.

Business & farm

Hi. All I am e-filing the 1099-MISC, with a zero income and tax. There was no business done on 2020, and I closed the LLC.

CatinaT1
Employee Tax Expert

Business & farm

In the past have you filed a Schedule C (Self-Employment) for your LLC or are you a Corporation?  An LLC is a business structure and would be closed with the Secretary of State you registered the LLC in.

A 1099-Misc is a form used to report income paid to a business.  If you have no income you would not have a 1099-Misc.  

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"