Where is my stimulus

According to my IRS transcript my stimulus was sent to your company on january 4th. Ot was returned and I've still yet to receive it.

Business & farm

TurboTax is not a bank, it cannot send or receive a stimulus payment.  Only the IRS controls when and if a stimulus payment is distributed.

Go to this IRS get my payment website - https://www.irs.gov/coronavirus/get-my-payment

If you do not receive any other stimulus payments by January 15, 2021, then the stimulus payment for which you are eligible to receive will be entered on your 2020 federal tax return as a tax credit on Form 1040 Line 30.

The TurboTax program will ask about stimulus payments in the Federal Review section of the program.

Business & farm

Fully aware a tax filing company is not a bank. I did however, receive notice my stimulus payment was deposited in to a turbo tax account on January 4th. As I have paid for my tax filing via my return and then my remaining return is allocated by turbo tax. So, yes, me asking turbo tax where my stimulus is, is a viable question. Thank you, however, for your reply. 

ThomasM125
Expert Alumni

Business & farm

If you had your TurboTax fees deducted from your refund when you filed your tax return, then the IRS may have sent your stimulus check to the bank that processed your refund, which is different from your bank. If this happened, then TurboTax will have notified the IRS of your correct account information and the IRS will attempt to deposit the stimulus payment to your account.

Stimulus payments began to be deposited Friday (January 8th) for millions of our customers affected by the IRS error. 

You can use the following link to learn more:

https://blog.turbotax.intuit.com/tax-news/why-havent-i-received-my-second-stimulus-check-48743/?cid=...

If you do not receive it by the time you prepare your tax return this year, you can apply for the payment on your tax return and it will be included with your refund.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Business & farm

I've done my taxes thru your company for 8 years. Due to an issue between you and the IRS, I did not receive my stimulus check. Which, is the difference between sustaining a home and food and not. I've contacted your company several times with no success or no real answer. Until you can give me some sort of suitable answer I'll not be using your services again and encourage all my friends and family to also not use your services. 

BrandiLO
Intuit Alumni

Business & farm

TurboTax is working diligently with the IRS to ensure that those who were affected by the IRS' processing error receive their stimulus payment quickly.  However, in a worst-case scenario where the IRS is unable to process the stimulus by direct deposit or send it to you by mail, you will be able to claim the stimulus as an extra refund on your 2020 tax return.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"