ihavesomequestions
Returning Member

1065x amended return

I saw that this year (2019 taxes) the IRS has enabled efiling amended returns. How do I efile an amended 1065?

Business & farm

You can e-file amended returns (after checking the amended return box) for certain returns, such as Forms 1041, 1065, 1120-S.

Forms 1120X and 1065X need to be printed and mailed with TurboTax Business.

ihavesomequestions
Returning Member

Business & farm

I clicked the box and when I go to efile it says it was already efiled. Can you explain in more detail how to efile an amended return for a 1065?

Business & farm

@ihavesomequestions I believe I was mistaken with respect to e-file support in TurboTax Business; the capability has not yet been implemented. You will have to print and mail your amended 1065.

ihavesomequestions
Returning Member

Business & farm

Do you know if they will be adding it in an update?

Business & farm

I am not at all certain. They just recently added the ability to e-file a 1040-X in the personal products. 

Carl
Level 15

Business & farm

You don't have time to "wait and see" if e-file for an amended 1065 will be available or not. Since the extension deadline for a 1065 is Sept 15th, (oct 15 for a *PERSONAL* 1040 return) you need to quit hoping and print the amended 1065, sign it and mail it. I realize this is not an extension. But you can fully expect the ability to e-file the 2019 form 1065 (amended or not) to be TURNED OFF completely and forever on Sept 15th by the IRS - not by TurboTax.

Business & farm

@Carl wrote:

But you can fully expect the ability to e-file the 2019 form 1065 (amended or not) to be TURNED OFF completely and forever on Sept 15th by the IRS - not by TurboTax.

Carl, it is TurboTax that turns that off.  The IRS e-file system for business returns (such as Form 1065) is usually open until December, then opens back up in mid-January (and accepts the 2 previous year's of tax returns).

MSC2020
Returning Member

Business & farm

I am trying to efile and ammended Form 1065.  The initial efiling was accepted and I received the confirmation email:

Your 2021 Federal Partnership filing was accepted by the IRS.

Now, I am trying to efile the ammended 1065X and when I try to do this I only see a meesage that says:

"Not Eligible for E-filing" with another statement that my Federal Return was accepted on 3/7/22 (today's attempt to efile the ammended return is 3/10/22)

Is there a way to e-file the ammended Form 1065 return, which shows as Form 1065X?

ThomasM125
Expert Alumni

Business & farm

No, you cannot e-file an amended form 1065, you must mail it in.

@MSC2020

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
GoldenBunny
Returning Member

Business & farm

What is the address to mail the amendment? Do all K-1 need to be included in the mail?