Business & farm

I actually could NOT change the ownership percentages by indicating there was an ownership change in the Business Info section. That really was the crux of the problem. The workaround for me was to switch to the FORMS and edit it there manually. But that's been a couple of weeks now and hopefully they've fixed it!!

Business & farm

Nope, its still ongoing.  I have two businesses with partnerships, one worked just fine, the other did not, so I wonder it there is something about how one of the returns was filed last year.  I'll just use the 'forms' workaround for now, but this should really have been fixed by Intuit.

Business & farm

@realprore wrote:

...I wonder it there is something about how one of the returns was filed last year.  

Support was able to determine, in several cases, where a partner (or partners) were indicated to have left the partnership and a few others where it was indicated that the partnership terminated. 

The only method to determine if there is a similar anomaly is to open your 2018 returns in the 2018 version of TurboTax Business.

Business & farm

This did end up being the issue, the 'final return' checkbox was toggled incorrectly.

gman3651

Business & farm

Can someone be more specific? Which form and where does "final return" need to be toggled? and is it in thr 2018 or 2019 form? Thanks!

Business & farm

@gman3651 The issue involves the 2018 version of TurboTax Business (which is then transferred to the 2019 version).

Further, the issue concerns more than the "final" box being checked; it can be anything from that to an indication that a partner left the partnership, the partnership ended, et al.

Business & farm

I have the same problem that Ben21 reports.  It is now Sept 12, 3 days before the Sept 15 tax extension deadline.  I am surprised that the bug is not fixed.

Business & farm

I am having the same issue in the Downloaded version of TT Business.  Ugh!  Round and Round I go!

Business & farm

Same problem on our "S Corp" percentages on my 2021 filing. With no answers, this is turning out to be a real S... program.

Business & farm

Business & farm

Apparently fixed in 2018. 

But 2022 version of TurboTax Business, "Partner Summary" indicates selecting "Done" will "adjust ownership percentages."

BUT I have not entered those new percentages. How do I do that without going to Forms for a clunky work-around?

Thanks.

AliciaP1
Expert Alumni

Business & farm

You need to click Edit next to each partner and proceed through their information until you get to the Enter Partner/Member Percentages screen.  You can then adjust the ownership percentages for each partner.

@Linden Tree

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Business & farm

I do what all the instructions say - except the program does not do what instructions say!

Partner Information edit does NOT allow me to tab through to any page that allows me to enter percentages.

It's a known problem since 2018 apparently.

Even according to the Turbo Tax agent I have on the phone right now. 

Maybe the only way is to do a work-around through FORMS but without any instructions.

Can I get a reduced price on this product? Clearly has known bugs for years.

Business & farm

I've been advised to "let Turbotax know" about this longstanding problem. 

When I asked, how do I do that, I was advised to let the company know through this web interface.

Apparently if I had not already paid for the product I would have some recourse. 

SOL I guess.

Business & farm

I have received many "badges" by email from Turbotax, congratulating me on noting the problem and solving it. But it is not solved, and I would prefer a solution, not badges.