Business forms not available alabama

NEW UPDATE 2/27/2020: Just received email from Stacy and it states: "...status of your investigation and can confirm it was escalated and no longer being treated as a resolved issue regarding the "update" any longer. The escalation team is working on a solution..."

UPDATE 2/27/2020: Spoke with Stacy with TurboTax. Allowed her access to screenshot everything. She is expediting technical support to show that Alabama forms ARE INDEED finalized and available. Also that the patch for Alabama, from 2/12/2020 (you can see it when you view installed updates clicking on Alabama S corps), is installed and not functioning and that the links given to download a patch from the internet (supplied here in this thread, below) is not working (the patch itself is defective). We went through every step and every step was defective for the state and documented. We believe tech support thinks they fixed it with the patch that is actually defective.

Everyone needs to call into TurboTax and explain, in detail, as outlined in "updated" portion of this original question. I called 1-888-4-INTUIT. I believe I kept hitting the #1 until I got a live person. (I may have yelled "operator" a couple of times also to get out of the automated, non-useful, loop.)

Original question:

Your table https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/forms/help/s[product key removed]ability-table-for-turbotax-busine... shows Alabama business tax forms are available.

However, in my program it shows "Your Alabama S-Corporation return(s) is currently unavailable to view, print, or download because some of the forms haven't been finalized yet." The link, above, listing the forms for Alabama shows all of them available.

I have checked for updates multiple times and it keeps saying that the Turbotax Business is up to date.

I really need to get these printed and mailed quickly.

DaveF1006
Expert Alumni

Business & farm

Try updating your Turbo Tax Business program to see if these forms are available. 

1. open your Turbo Tax program
  2. Go to online>check for updates
**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Business & farm

Like I said in my original question... I have done that several times. It keeps saying it is up to date.

Business & farm

I also viewed installed updates. Under Alabama S Corporation it shows:

(Released 2/14/2020) Automated Patch Pushing

Thinking the patch isn't pushing anything. 

DaveF1006
Expert Alumni

Business & farm

Try the manual update on your own.

TurboTax Business 2019 – R19

If you're having trouble updating your TurboTax 2019 Business software using the "Check for Updates" method, you can get the latest federal program update here:

1. Close TurboTax Business and all other programs except this browser window.
  2. Click here to download the 149 MB update.
  3. Save the update file to your Windows desktop.
  4. Double-click the update file w_bizrelsuperpatch... on your desktop to install the manual update.

See if this works.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Business & farm

Did not work. It still says unavailable. There is something wrong with Alabama state business. 

Business & farm

I was on the phone on Friday with Turbo Tax Support about the printer for the Alabama S-Corp and we tried the link that DaveF1006 recommended 2 times and it still did not work.  I was on the phone for 1.5 hours on Friday with Turbo Tax Support and we could not fix the problem.  I need to get these taxes done because March 15th is approaching fast.  I don't know what the problem is, if it is Alabama or Turbo Tax

Business & farm

I think they know there is a problem with turbotax alabama. They did a patch but it does not work. Anyone calling in needs to tell them that their patch is useless and to fix it. I believe it is turbotax forms program and not alabama. I am in the same boat with the 15th approaching quickly and I only have this week to get completed.

Business & farm

I believe it is actually Turbo Tax problem.  Thanks for your input to help with this problem.

Business & farm

@DaveF1006 Hello???? Can you please update what TurboTax is doing to fix this problem? And when it will be fixed? We paid for something that is useless, in its current condition. Please do not just leave us hanging spinning our wheels with wasted time. Any help appreciated. Thanks!

Business & farm

@bzgierloff @DaveF1006 UPDATE 2/27/2020: Spoke with Stacy with TurboTax. Allowed her access to screenshot everything. She is expediting technical support to show that Alabama forms ARE INDEED finalized and available. Also that the patch for Alabama, from 2/12/2020 (you can see it when you view installed updates clicking on Alabama S corps), is installed and not functioning and that the links given to download a patch from the internet (supplied here in this thread) is not working (the patch itself is defective). We went through every step and every step was defective for the state and documented. We believe tech support thinks they fixed it with the patch that is actually defective.

Business & farm

That is what I did on Friday.  I was on the phone with Support for 1.5 hours and nothing worked.  The patch is defective and support needs to fix it ASAP.  Thanks for helping with us getting this corrected.

chadwyatt
Returning Member

Business & farm

I have the same issues and have been awaiting for the forms to be finalized for several weeks. 

What's a valid contact number for another paying customer to spend 1.5 hours on the phone reporting the same issue again. 

Time is drawing near. We've paid for the State forms that are not approved per TurboTax  Business. 

Business & farm

That is very strange. Stacy F. said that there wasn't a ticket on the issue. I received an email from her with an investigation #. She stated that tech support said it was the state that had not finalized the forms, yet. We debunked that quickly from the Alabama business tax forms site and she sent that screenshot, also. I spent maybe a total of 40 min. waiting for live person and doing the screenshots.

Everyone needs to call into TurboTax and explain, in detail, as outlined in "updated" portion of the original question. I called 1-888-4-INTUIT. I believe I kept hitting the #1 until I got a live person. (I may have yelled "operator" a couple of times also to get out of the automated, non-useful, loop, also.)

Sidenote: I am very disappointed in the help, or lack of, from turbotax on this support site. Not finding them very "experty" on the issue and just leaving us hanging. Not putting in a tech support ticket to boot! Extremely dissatisfied with the lack of knowledge, and follow-through, from workers on this forum.

Business & farm

@chadwyatt Everyone needs to call into TurboTax and explain, in detail, as outlined in "updated" portion of the original question. I called 1-888-4-INTUIT. I believe I kept hitting the #1 until I got a live person. (I may have yelled "operator" a couple of times also to get out of the automated, non-useful, loop, also.)

It is important that they understand that the 2/12/2020 patch may be defective and the culprit.