Re: Trouble Splitting Married Business Income due ...
Employee Tax Expert

Business & farm

You have two choices.

1. Enter the 1099-MISC on one Schedule C and report 50% as contract labor. Enter that 50% as income on the other Schedule C

2. Enter the 1099-MISC as if it were two separate forms. Split the box amounts in half and enter one into each Schedule C. 

The reason you're filing two Schedule C's is not because you are in a community property state, it's so your individual Social Security Accounts are each funded. 

The only time you need to worry about splitting income when living in a community property state is when you are filing Married Filing Separately. 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
This widget could not be displayed.
Privacy Settings