What product should I use? I launched my business 1/1/2020 as a sole proprietor. There shouldn't be any business reporting on my 2019 return. I need to pay 2020 est taxes

ColeenD3
Expert Alumni

Business & farm

All TurboTax products have the ability to file estimated taxes. You do not need to upgrade specifically for that purpose. See a comparison on the link below.

Personal taxes

TomD8
Level 15

Business & farm

The first quarterly estimated tax payment for tax year 2020 is not due until April 15, 2020.

**Answers are correct to the best of my ability but do not constitute tax or legal advice.

Business & farm

But all products don't give me access to business income & reporting, correct? I guess what I'm asking is if I choose to use the Deluxe package for 2019 will I still be able to pay those estimated taxes for 2020 even if I'm not using the self-employed package.

Business & farm

Yes.  Deluxe will give you the 1040ES forms.  You can enter you estimated self employment net income.  And if you buy the Desktop Deluxe it does have all the same forms as the Home&Business and Self Employed versions.  All the Desktop program have all the forms.  You just get more help in the higher versions.

You can just type W4 in the search box at the top of your return , click on Find. Then Click on Jump To and it will take you to the estimated tax payments section. Say no to changing your W-4 and the next screen will start the estimated taxes section.

OR Go to….
Federal Taxes or Personal (Self Employed/H&B version)
Other Tax Situations
Other Tax Forms
Form W-4 and Estimated Taxes - Click the Start or Update button

Or here are the blank Estimates and instructions from the IRS…..
http://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/f1040es.pdf

View solution in original post