How do I adjust schedule B for interest received after death

My father passed in mid year and received interest and dividends after death. Instructions for form 1041, p 19, state to enter the total amounts on 1040 Sched B, and then subtract the post-death amounts. How do I do this in Turbo Tax? 

Thanks

Business & farm

To adjust Schedule B for interest received after death in the TurboTax software, 

• Go to Wages & Income, then
  • Choose the button "I'll choose what I work on."  There will be a button for "Interest and Dividends" 
  • Choose Start or Update next to "Interest on 1099-INT."
  • Answer Yes to "Did you receive any interest income?"
  • Choose the radio button next to "I'll type it in myself" and select Continue
  • Enter the bank name for the interest received, and the Box 1 - Interest Income Amount and select Continue.  This will bring up the screen "Tell us if any of these uncommon situations apply."  
  • Check the box next to "We need to adjust the taxable amount." and Continue.
  • Report your interest adjustment as a positive number to subtract on the next screen and select the radio button for "Other reasons."
The interview will return to the start for your next item of interest income.

[edited 1.21.18 | 12:17 PM]

Business & farm

@gregcooke1576 Please see my edited answer above.

Business & farm

Got it. Thanks

Business & farm

Where does the adjustment for interest received after death show up on the Schedule B? We entered it, but don't see it anywhere.

AnnetteB6
Employee Tax Expert

Business & farm

The adjustment amount entered using the steps shown above will show up on the Schedule B in Part 1 - Interest Income.  It will be labeled as Other Adjustments with a negative interest amount reported.  

@billybob40

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"