larrybio899
Returning Member

Where can I see how the tax shown on line 11 of Schedule 1 (1040) was calculated?

In particular, I have almost $8000 of long-term capital gains and I want to confirm that the tax rate on this was 15%.

Business & farm

line 11 of Schedule 1 is Alimony, do you mean line 13?

Business & farm

If you're talking about how your tax is figured when you have capital gains, the calculation is on your Schedule D Tax Worksheet.

larrybio899
Returning Member

Business & farm

On my Schedule 1 Page 2, which is the bottom half of page 1, line 11 is "tax (see inst.)."  I do not see a line on the one page of 1040 for Alimony and I am to paying any alimony.  I'm also surprised that Form 1040 is only one page.

Business & farm

It's on line 11 of the Form 1040--it's figured on your Schedule D Tax Worksheet, which you'll have to pay for and print if you're in the online version.

If you're using the desktop version, it's on the left-hand side menu when you're in the Forms side.

larrybio899
Returning Member

Business & farm

Thanks for your helpful comment.  I purchased Turbo Tax Premier. When I print out my IRS tax form, is there something I need to do to include the worksheets in the printout?  The last time I printed it, it did not include any worksheets to "keep for my records" but I've seen worksheets printed out other times.