kboyt

How do you delete a business that was entered in error

PatriciaV
Employee Tax Expert

Business & farm

Yes, you can delete a business from the Business Summary page. From the Business tab, continue until you see a list of the businesses in your return. Click Delete beside the business you need to remove.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
Lmarco

Business & farm

How do I delete a business that's incorrectly linked to quickbooks and now I've created multiple instances trying to correct the structure. It keeps saying it's partnership when it's actually a sole proprietorship. I tried starting from scratch and it keeps chooses partnership. Says I can change it in quickbooks but there is not a business in the quickbooks at all. This is on my wife's account not the one I am currently replying with. Intuit support feelbl free to contact me and I will give you her info so you can review and contact her. I can not find anyway to change structure of business or delete it. Thanks for help. 

MarilynG1
Expert Alumni

Business & farm

If you want to delete a Business that's incorrect from TurboTax, type 'Schedule C' in the Search area, then 'Jump to schedule c'.

At the Business Summary page, you can Delete a Business and then re-enter it correctly.

Here's more detailed info on Filing Taxes for Small Business. 

@Lmarco

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"