tjw61!

I mistakenly entered I was a sole proprietor and I don't know how to get rid of the entry?

I mistakenly entered I was a sole proprietor and I don't know how to get rid of that entry (I was trying to enter vehicle expenses). I mistakenly deleted my claims for 2016 in relation to vehicle expenses for work (mileage) and I don't know where to make the same claim in 2018. 

AlanT
Expert Alumni

Business & farm

First, to delete the sole proprietor (Schedule C) 

Instructions
  1. With your return open, select search in the upper right menu and search for business (schedule c). Be sure to include the parentheses.
  2. Select the Jump to link in the search results.
  3. On the Business Summary screen, select Delete next to the defunct business.
  4. Answer Yes to confirm the removal of all business-related forms.

Second, e mployees can no longer deduct work-related mileage in tax years 2018 through 2025 due to the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act (TCJA) that Congress signed into law on December 22, 2017. Prior to the tax law change, employees could deduct mileage for commuting between multiple job sites during the same day, as well as commutes to temporary work locations and offsite business meetings.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
tjw61!

Business & farm

I cannot find the so-called Delete next to the Business Summary Screen. Can you send a snap of what I am supposed to be looking for. I can pull the schedule c up but find no delete.
tjw61!

Business & farm

I eventually worked it out - the search for business schedule c took me to the actual form so no delete there. So I started over and found the Delete in the Business Summary Screen as you described. Thankyou.