I have 1099 INT with amounts in boxes 8 and 13 which are Tax Exempt Interest and Bond Premium on Tax Exempt Bond. Where in turbo Tax do I report these amounts? I also have 1099 DIV with amounts in boxes 11 and 12 which are Exempt Interest Dividends and Specified Private Activity Bond Interest Dividends, respectively. Where in Turbo Tax do I report these amounts?
Please follow these instructions to add Lines 8-13 to your Form 1099-INT's in :
- Open your return
- Click the "Wages & Income" tab
- Click "I'll Choose What I Work On"
- Scroll down to "Interest and Dividends"
- Click "Start/Update" next to "Interest on 1099-INT"
- Click "Edit" next to your Form 1099-INT that has boxes 8-13
- Directly underneath the payer of the interest, check the box "My form has info more than just Box 1"
- From here these boxes will pop up for you to fill in your information
- The process is the same for your Form 1099-DIV. Just click "Edit" next to the one you need to add this information to
If you need additional assistance, please comment below so that I can assist you further.