MW3

I'm filing an 1120S federal tax return for my single-person S Corp in Georgia state where it is registered as an LLC. Do I need to file anything in Georgia?

DanielV01
Expert Alumni

Business & farm

Yes.  A Georgia S-Corp must file a GA form 600-S (S-Corp Return).  Please click on this link for more information on this:  600S Corporation Tax Return - Department of Revenue - Georgia.gov

An LLC could have a separate entity liability, as shown in this website:  Limited Liability Companies - FAQ - Department of Revenue - Georgia ...

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

View solution in original post

MW3

Business & farm

Wish the state's revenue website was as comprehensive as the federal's. Seems to raise more questions than it answers and can't even get through on the phone with them.

For the second link, is that all corporations or only C corps?

And what about the net worth tax?
DanielV01
Expert Alumni

Business & farm

It's all corporations.  You will note in the pdf link that you can download on the state website, but available here as well:  <a rel="nofollow" target="_blank" href="https://dor.georgia.gov/sites/dor.georgia.gov/files/related_files/document/TSD/Form/600S_2017_Corpor...>, that there are two taxes:  Schedule 1, which is a flat 6% tax on corporation income, and Schedule 3, line 7, for the net worth tax (if that applies).  S-corps are also liable for this Georgia tax.
**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
Fommy09

Business & farm

Do I need to include a copy of the 1120S with the GA form 600S?
MW3

Business & farm

Yes. A copy should be printed out with the 600S from Turbotax Business.