Need to get rid of mortgage questions since I do not have a mortgage of any kind----how do I delete mortgage questions

SamiaI
Employee Tax Expert

Deductions & credits

Mortgage information is entered on Form 1098, in TurboTax - please follow these steps to delete:

• In your return, Click on Federal Taxes
  • Click on Deductions & Credits
  • Under "Your tax breaks", click on Edit/Add button for Mortgage Interest, Refinancing, and Insurance
  • On "Mortgage deduction summary" page, click on trash can to the right of the Mortgage Lender which you wish to remove
  • Click on "Yes" button in answer to the question, "Are you sure you want to delete this lender?"
  • Mortgage lender is deleted

Or, 

To remove the reference to home mortgage interest on your return, please follow these steps:

1. Click on Federal Deductions & Credits.
  2. In the Your Home section, click on the Start/Revisit box next to Mortgage Interest, Refinancing, and Insurance.  [See Screenshot, below.)
  3. Click Trashcan. Confirm deletion.

Here's the general procedure for deleting unwanted forms, schedules, and worksheets in TurboTax Online:

1. Open your return in TurboTax. (To do this, sign in to TurboTax, and select the Take me to my return button.)
  2. In the left side bar, select Tax ToolsTools.
  3. In the pop-up window Tool Center, choose Delete a form.
  4. Select Delete next to the form/schedule/worksheet (Form 1098)and follow the onscreen instructions.