Rideshare: Gasoline and Car Deduction

Rideshare filing:
The Gasoline deduction section asks for total yearly spent on fuel, but I can only provide the receipts for rideshare work. Can bank statements with the fuel supplier's name be acceptable as proof of purchase?

Also, my car has just about ONLY been used for work/ business related activities since I bought it. My sole purpose of buying it was to modify it into the perfect rideshare car to model future potential work for myself. If I go out for fun, I don't drive. Some days I will stop by the grocery store on the way home, but that's about it.

In this situation, I feel like I should be able to deduct my actual vehicle payments as storefront overhead. I will even soon be selling products in my car via kiosk..
I say this because I keep finding red flags, it seems like, deterring me away from deducting this car. The help section roughly quoted "You cannot deduct your Personal Vehicle"

But when I tried to label this as a work only vehicle, it wouldn't let me because it was my only vehicle.

Besides, why would I want to wear out my money maker on personal matters? I'm saving up for a bike for that.

I mean, I set this up with rules for myself to make this happen, and I want to deduct my "storefront" overhead, as it actually is in my business.
Anita01

Deductions & credits

Yes, bank statements showing the fuel purchases are acceptable.  Better yet, would be keeping a calendar in the vehicle to jot down where you went and the mileage on each day.There are , indeed, all sorts of red flags for claiming 100% business usage for your only car.  Making such a claim means you are saying you don't ever stop at the store for yourself during your business usage time, when you have already said you do so on occasion,  that you never use the vehicle for social activities, or even for personal reasons when the weather is bad.

View solution in original post