New Member

Can I file short form with the new standard deduction?

How can I get a 1040EZ or 1040A tax form?

Intuit Alumni

Deductions & credits

Yes,  you can file the 1040 Free version with the standard deduction.

Unfortunately, due to the changes in the tax law, there is no longer a 1040EZ or 1040A.  There is only a simplified 1040 with schedules.

The Free Edition this year does not include, student loan deductions, retirement savings contribution credit, education credit, child and dependent care credit, or unemployment compensation & paid family leave. All of these situations now requires a separate Schedule to report the items.

If any of these situations apply to you, you will need to upgrade to the Deluxe version.

View solution in original post