Turbotax is excluding all my capital gains on a home sale even though I lived in the home less than 2 years, is this a legitimate exclusion or a bug?

Here are the clear parts of the situation.  We bought the main home on 2/27/2017 and sold it 9/23/2018 (less than 2 years).   Capital gains of $38K. TurboTax then deducted the appropriate amount of taxes from projected refund.

This is where my eyebrows get raised.  It then asked if I sold a previous home after 9/23/2016 (2 years before selling the main home).   I answered yes.  Sold the previous home in 11/2016.  Gains were <$1,000 total and we had that previous home for over five years, so TurboTax 2016 said it was excluded.

After asking how many months between a couple dates, I selected I sold both homes for work (employment location changed greater than 50 miles), all of my refund returned and no tax on the most recent capital gains.

Does that seem right?   Most everything I read online says I should be taxed something for selling the home within 2 years.