RAZR

Form K-1 Review says need to "use separate K-1 Worksheets to report more than one type of foreign gross income". Does this mean making out a new Schedule K-1 ?

Have entries in Part 111, Box 16, Codes A, B, C, D, E, G and I. Review says because I have entries in codes D (Foreign Passive category) and E (Foreign General category) I have to use separate K-1 Worksheets, but it doesn't say where to go to get them, or if I have to start over and separate Box 16 into two separate Form K-1's.

Deductions & credits

The 1st K-1 will have all the entries + box 16 for either general or passive.  The 2nd K-1 will only have entries in box 16 for the other category.

View solution in original post

Deductions & credits

Your first entry for the partnership will include Part I, II and III information. When you get to Box16 information drop-down screen only put in Box16 A (Various), B(Gross income all sources) and D(Passive Category).  Box16C & 16G are at PARTNER level.  If you are NOT a partner, don't enter these.  For now, leave out E but continue with 16I(Passive Category).  Finish out this first K-1 with information in Boxes 18, etc..  
For Box16E, go back to the 1065 entry screen and ask to fill out another K-1.  Enter Part I info. to include the partnership name and address.  DO NOT ENTER PART II INFO. Continue to where you check the boxes and ONLY check Box16.  Continue to Box16 drop-down screen and ONLY enter category E(Foreign Gross Income, General Category) with your information.  From there, press the "continue" key until you get all the way out of this K-1.  You're done!
NOTE:  When I put the name of the partnership in for the second go-round I use the partnership name and add the Box info. (Example: REGENCY PARTNERS LP (Box 16E).  When I look back at the K-1's entered, I know I have all of them.  I hope this helps you.
RAZR

Deductions & credits

Thanks, this explains the above in complete detail
sops64

Deductions & credits

Does anyone know why this is a problem this year when I filed a K1 from the same LP last year with no problems?  Who changed, Turbo or Federal gov't.
BROWNBUBBA
Returning Member

Deductions & credits

I'm having same problem

Deductions & credits

For the second worksheet, do you enter the amounts in Box 1,2 or 3 again
sops64

Deductions & credits

There is an answer in the Q&A for Turbo, it says to make a second K1 and only put in box 1 or 2, whichever you didn't put in the first one.  Leave all else blank.
pcmurph

Deductions & credits

This problem caused a real and unnecessary headache! I've also had no problems in past years. There is no reason for the user to have to make multiple entries of the same information. I expect a lot more from this software and will have to reconsider my purchase next year.
ricklab

Deductions & credits

Thanks to rlottsman. I followed that suggestion and it worked well. However, I did 3 K1's, one using only 16 B, a 2nd using E and J, and a 3rd using D and I. I agree- why can't Turbotax figure this out and guide us through it???!!
mghahn58

Deductions & credits

I still get not get this to work.  when I take out e, it tells me I need to add it back in or it cannot work...really frustrating.  How can I get a call on this, I have now been at it 2 hours
bvowinkel

Deductions & credits

ridiculous that the algorithm finds fault, but the software will not guide user to fix, I've wasted hours trying every solution offered on this thread, and nothing works, Turbo Tax refuses to file, will not allow flagged sub line on K-1 to be filed.
jvilbert

Deductions & credits

I followed rlottsman's recommendation to the letter and it worked perfectly.  Thank you!  (This kind of tax complexity is just insane!!!)
mutsu19

Deductions & credits

I have the same problem as mghahn58.  Can't find a fix.  My K-1 must have something on it that is different from what riottsman was working with.  I agree, why can't TT guide us to the necessary actions?

Deductions & credits

TurboTax fix the K1 box 16 issue?   This is why I pay more money to buy premier edition. I have been using program for 10 years. The best answer I could find was from rogge1722 from 3 years ago.