gucci1

Home Equity Loan with 0 balance. How do I delete TT request for mortgage info?

Do not have a mortgage--have home equity loan with Sperry Federal Credit union.  No balance.  I need to delete TT's request for info.

ToddL

Deductions & credits

You will have to delete the Sperry Federal Credit Union Form 1098:Mortgage Interest Statement that carried over from your 2016 tax file. 

See: How do I delete forms in TurboTax Online?

After deleting this statement, log out of the program. When you log back in, use the Delete a Form tool (List of Forms in My Return) to confirm the  statement has been removed from your return.

(You may also have to delete other Mortgage Interest Statements and Worksheets in case the Sperry one won't go away. If so, you'll have to re-enter any existing mortgage interest statements in the interview.)

Why does this happen? Once you enter (or import or transfer) certain information, the program creates or updates forms and worksheets that use that information. In many cases, you cannot "change" that information in the interview process - in a manner of speaking, it has been "written in ink" on the forms. You have to delete the form and any associated worksheets in order to correct.

View solution in original post