Where do I enter my home office expenses? I am not self employed but I work from home for my employer? Using Deluxe and asking for separate business 1099, which is NA

LindaA
Expert Alumni

Deductions & credits

If you itemize deductions (Schedule A), you may claim the home office expenses you incurred for your W-2 income if you worked at home for the convenience of your employer. These expenses aren't fully deductible as they are subject to the 2% rule.

To enter your home office expenses (for work as an employee):

• Continue working on your return in TurboTax Online. (If your return isn't open, you'll need to sign in and click Take me to my return.)
  • Click Tax Tools (lower left side of your screen).
  • Select Tools.
  • In the pop-up window, select Topic Search.
  • In the I'm looking for: box, type 2106.
  • In the results box, highlight 2106, then click GO.
  • You'll land on the page that says Tell us about the occupation you have expenses for. Enter your occupation and click Continue
  • Continue to answer the questions in this section. Select Yes and click Continue when asked, Do you have home office expenses?
  • Provide information about your office as prompted (a name for the office, location, square footage, expenses, etc.) and follow the onscreen instructions to the conclusion. TurboTax will display a message indicating the amount of your home office deduction. (Click the screenshot below for reference.)

Note: If using the TurboTax CD/Download software, you'll use the Find function and the "Jump to" link (instead of "Tax Tools") to search for the topic.

Please see the FAQ below for more information.

Can I take the home office deduction?  https://ttlc.intuit.com/replies/3302005

[Edited 03.18.2018 I 05:41PM PDT]