June 4, 2019 11:11 PM
To enter your gambling losses:
- Go to Tax Tools > Tools > Topic Search
- Type gambling loss in the search box and click Go.
- When it asks did you win money or prizes, click Yes.
- If you have a w-2G, click enter W-2G. If not, click skip W-2G.
- Any other gambling winning? Answer Yes or No.
- The next screen will ask for your gambling losses. (amount cannot be more than the amount of the winnings)
If you itemize instead of taking the standard deduction, you can deduct gambling losses up to the amount of your winnings.
This widget could not be displayed.