New Member

Want to know if i qualify to exclude foreign income from california wages

i wanted to know if the safe harbor rule applies to me, i lived in California from January till September 7 i left on on the 8th to work in japan the company i worked for gave me a w2 but on it it doesn't show any state information its blank, i was told i wouldn't pay any taxes on my foreign income can i file form 540NR so i wont pay taxes on my foreign income.  oh and i only made like 10000 in California wages and about 19000 in foreign country. I recently returned back to California in December 04 but i will be returning abroad now to Pakistan next month and staying there all year. thanks for any help you can give me