New Member

Should I file as resident or nonresident for 2017? I am a F1 International Student. I arrived in US Jan. 1st 2013.

2017 is my 5th year in United States. Should I file as resident or non resident for tax purposes.

Intuit Alumni

Deductions & credits

As a F-1 visa holder, you are considered as a nonresident for the year 2013-2017.  You will be filing as a nonresident for 2017. As TurboTax does not support the nonresident tax forms, you are advised to use our partner, Sprintax to complete your filing.