Confused6

How do I access my Home Office Deductions Worksheet from last year?

Bharat1

Deductions & credits

he details for the calculations of business use of your home take place on Form 8829, Expenses for the Business Use of Your Home. There are also some entries on Form 8829 Wks (worksheet).  The calculations from Form 8829 are carried over to line 30 of your Schedule C.

If you have a printed out copy of your return, or a saved pdf, you can look for those forms for details from last year.  If you are viewing it in the desktop program, change to forms mode by clicking on the paper icon Forms, in the upper right, in the blue.  Then look for Form 8829 along the left, and click on it to display it on the right.  When you are finished, clicking on Step-by-Step, in the upper right, will take you back to the interview mode.

Here is a TurboTax FAQ with step-by-step directions to print or download a previous year return.

We'll always have your tax returns when you need them. With just a couple of clicks, you'll have a copy in no time.  

If you paid for TurboTax this year, you can download every return until October 2018. If you didn't pay to file this year, you need to upgrade and pay for TurboTax before you can download old tax returns.

You can download your 2016 tax return through December 1, 2017.

How to get your 2016 tax return

1. Sign in to TurboTax.
  2. Click Load My Tax Timeline in the lower right.
  3. Click the Download/Print return link on the left. It's inside the Welcome home square. Your 2016 tax return will start downloading automatically.

How to get your 2015 or older tax return

Detailed Instructions:

1. Sign in to TurboTax.
  2. Click the Taxes tab in the top-left corner.
  3. Then, scroll to the bottom and click the Load My Tax Timeline link in the bottom-right. Every year that you have used TurboTax online will appear.
  4. Click on the year you are looking for and click the Download/print return (PDF) or Download .tax file link. Your tax return will start downloading automatically.

View solution in original post

Confused6

Deductions & credits

Thank you so very much! It's good knowing you guys are out there 🙂