kjh522

Turbo Tax Premier -blank page for entering property tax - I have run the update

Deductions & credits

....I wonder if this is the issue with anyone with a blank page during the running of Desktop TTX software.

.......TTX should only be installed and run as an Administrator..not in some guest account without administrator privileges...but it's hard to know each person's exact setup.

Exit TurboTax...then

1)  right click TurboTax 2018 icon

2)  Select  … Properties

3)  Select the  Compatibility tab

4) In the "Settings" box … check the box to "Run this program as an administrator"

This has fixed the problem for a number of users now.

____________*Answers are correct to the best of my knowledge when posted, but should not be considered to be legal or official tax advice.*

View solution in original post

Deductions & credits

Thanks for the suggestion, @SteamTrain - this solved my issue with the Property Taxes screens not coming up on TurboTax Deluxe. Seems like a bug that TurboTax would require run as administrator just to load that specific form when the rest of the software seems to have run fine.

Deductions & credits

Yeah..it was supposed to have been fixed in one of the recent updates...but apparently it wasn't.  I Poked the moderators of this site about it, and maybe they will have the tech people re-re-review the situation.

You only experienced the problem in one place...but others saw the same problem in a couple other spots too (Maybe you didn't need those other places in the software...I haven't kept track of which they were)  
____________*Answers are correct to the best of my knowledge when posted, but should not be considered to be legal or official tax advice.*