How do i change response to "did I live outside u.s. for more than 6 months last year" when " jump to EIC" gives me no option to change my response?

It doesn't give me an option to change my answer, only tells me that I don't qualify because I accidentally answered yes, saying I DID live outside the u.s. when in fact I do NOT.

AnnetteB
Intuit Alumni

Deductions & credits

Instead of using the 'jump to' link, navigate directly to the section for Earned Income Credit and you can go through the questions again.

Go to Federal > Deductions and Credits.  Scroll to the You and Your Family section and click Revisit beside Earned Income Credit.

Deductions & credits

I just tried that and it didn't work. Whether I "jump" to it with the link or go back manually and redo everything it still doesn't work. 

RaifH
Expert Alumni

Deductions & credits

If the Jump to or manually entering the earned income credit section of your return did not work, you can try deleting the earned income credit form and starting over. 

1. Open or continue your return.
  2. Select Tax Tools in the left menu (if you don't see this, select the menu icon in the upper-left corner).
  3. With the Tax Tools menu open, you can then view your 1040 form: Select Tools. Next, select Delete a Form.
  4. Next to Earned Income Worksheet, click Delete.

At that point, you should be able to revisit the earned income credit section of your return. Please note that the question TurboTax asks is Did you live in the U.S. for more than six months in 2021? A Yes answer is required to be eligible for the credit. If it is still saying you are not eligible after answering Yes, your income may be too high or you did not meet one of the other eligibility requirements.  

@Splascencia02