Extension Tax Payment not reflecting in Turbotax Online

Good Evening Everyone,

The Mrs. and I just finished up our taxes on Turbotax online and added our 2021 Federal and State Extension payment that we made when we had to file for an extension before the April 18th Tax Deadline.  We finally have the final information we needed to complete our taxes and have entered in our Federal and State Tax Extension payment, but only the Federal side is reflecting and not the state.

Would anyone know why its not updating the State Tax Extension payment?  We have tried to enter it a few times but on the final form, its not reflecting.

Thanks in advance,

Andrew

Deductions & credits

Did you enter it in the correct place in the federal section ?   Did you review the state form carefully ?

To enter, change or delete a payment made with an extension request (Federal, State, Local) -

• Click on Federal Taxes (Personal using Home and Business)
  • Click on Deductions and Credits
  • Click on I'll choose what I work on (if shown)
  • Scroll down to Estimates and Other Taxes Paid
  • On Income Taxes Paid, click on the start or update button

On the next screen select the type of extension payment made and click on the start or update button

Or enter federal extension payment in the Search box located in the upper right of the program screen. Click on Jump to federal extension payment

The federal extension payment will be shown on Schedule 3 Line 9. The amount from Schedule 3 Part II Line 13 flows to Form 1040 Line 31

Please contact support via phone for assistance with this situation ... contact details can be found here

Deductions & credits

@Critter-3 

why wouldn't State section have a similar section for payment with extension as you described above for Federal ?

Deductions & credits

Because it doesn't ... ALL payments are entered in the Federal section ...

estimates 2020.jpgextension 2020.jpg