llovich73

Can I change standard to itemization for my Minnesota taxes and obtain related schedule?

I entered the itemization into Turbo Tax for Federal but took the standard.  When Turbo Tax transferred the information to my state taxes (Minnesota) it did the standard and did not give us a Schedule M1SA to complete.  How do I get Turbo Tax to provide me Schedule M1SA for Minnesota so we can itemize our deduction and not take the standard.  I can override the standard but not sure if by just overriding it will give me schedule M1SA to complete and verify I calculated correctly.

Deductions & credits

Yes, even if you used the standard deduction on your federal tax return, you can itemize your Minnesota deductions.

The program will walk you through your options and generate the appropriate forms.

You will need to enter you itemized deductions in the Personal portion of your tax return and they will import into your state return.

For more information, follow this link: 

https://www.revenue.state.mn.us/individuals/individ_income/Pages/Minnesota-Itemized-Deductions.aspx

llovich73

Deductions & credits

The state portion of turbo tax for Minnesota does not appear to give me an option of itemizing instead of taking the standard.  I can override the standard, but then don't have a Schedule M1SA to send with my state taxes.