richarrc

I am doing taxes for 2021 using Turbotax Deluxe. Also preparing donation for 2022 on Itsdeductible. I can add custom items but there no standard items

Msmopo

Deductions & credits

I'm also having the same issue for adding 2022 items going directly to Its Deductible. The "browse by category" tool is not appearing in the 2022 version. 

Deductions & credits

I suspect it will be ready/fixed in the next few weeks.  It's possible they have to regenerate the default lists of values...and perhaps staff had the holiday weekend off.

Try again after mid-month.

____________*Answers are correct to the best of my knowledge when posted, but should not be considered to be legal or official tax advice.*

Deductions & credits

I'm also having the same issue for adding 2022 items going directly to Its Deductible. The "browse by category" tool is not appearing in the 2022 version. 

I am having no issues entering in the 2022 tab ... try again.

1.jpg

Deductions & credits

The 2022 items section is not working yet ... yes they had the holidays off ... try again later.

Deductions & credits

The question was about items - NOT CASH.  I am having the same issue.

tforgero

Deductions & credits

I am having the same issue on Jan 8, 2022.  I'll try again later.

Deductions & credits

I'm having the same issue, itsdeductible isn't showing any data under "browse by category" nor in search results for 2022.  I added my charity, selected items, and get to the screen with the box to search and the area below that for browse by category.  

I've tried it in Safari and in Chrome (the same browsers I've used for many years), and Edge (on Mac and Windows machines).  

Also, it is 2022 but the note on the page says: "Note: the estimated fair market values shown here are based on resales of these items in 2019."  This makes me wonder if itsdeductible is no longer a supported app by Intuit.

Seems strange that it shows category data for 2021, but nothing for 2022.  I can't image that the suggested categories have to be created for each new year, it's not like they are managed by IRS rules... but maybe it will get corrected soon.

Deductions & credits

@kaydee 

Give Customer Support a Call. 

Maybe if enough people complain, it will light a fire under the software folks, or their managers ?

What is the TurboTax phone number? (intuit.com)

____________*Answers are correct to the best of my knowledge when posted, but should not be considered to be legal or official tax advice.*

Deductions & credits

I am experiencing the same issue. I recall this happened for a couple of days at the beginning of last year but not for this long - we are already a full week in to 2022. I presume the problem is due to a combination of the new year/holiday disruptions possibly complicated by staffing issues due to workforce fluxes and also Covid, but it sure does make recordkeeping difficult. If anyone has any insight as to what the actual issue is and how long is likely to persist, a bunch of us would be most appreciative. 

Deductions & credits

I was trying to input a clothing donation I made on 1/6/22 to the YWCA.  item lists not working yet also.  In all the years I've used this app this is a first.  Login area says update will be effective 1/10/22.   Guess I'm too organized.

Deductions & credits

January 13 and it's still not working. Has anyone been able to figure out the problem? This is going on waaay too long.

Deductions & credits

Regarding the FREE It's Deductible tool for 2022 ...

For 2022 "Item" donations, just wait until February....many people have noted that the item selections aren't in there yet.  OF course, if you call Customer support to complain about it...the more people who do so may result in a fire getting lit under the appropriate software managers to get it re-initialized. SO give them a call since they aren't in here monitoring the situation.

What is the TurboTax phone number? (intuit.com)

Deductions & credits

I am having the same problem. Have tried with Chrome and Safari with no luck; no standard items by "search" or by "browse."

Deductions & credits

@InspectorT It's Deductible is not functional for 2022 yet so please check back at a later time.   You cannot use 2022 donations on a tax return until next year in 2023 so you have plenty of time.

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**