Child Tax Credit

Is my child tax credit pending because I have yet to receive my federal taxes? Or is that something completely unrelated? 

Deductions & credits

If your 2020 federal tax return is still processing then the IRS should use your 2019 tax return to determine the advance child tax credit.

Deductions & credits

No one at TurboTax can tell you why your advance payments are pending. Even if the IRS was giving out that information, they wouldn’t give it to TurboTax. It’s a minor miracle that the IRS managed to make any advance payments.

Remember that the advance payments don’t change the amount of your credit, only when you are paid. If the payments start late and you don’t receive the full amount, you will get the remainder added to your tax refund when you file your 2021 return.  

Deductions & credits

My question wasn't actually answered. I'm asking since I haven't received my federal taxes (which were amended and are still processing) is this why my CTC is pending? 

Deductions & credits

@braynkam25 

It’s possible, but no one at TurboTax or on this forum has any inside information, only the IRS knows why you have not started to receive advanced payments, and the IRS is not taking phone calls on this question.