Real estate & Personal property taxes - can't enter numbers

I've entered most information but TurboTax won't let me enter amounts for real estate taxes on primary residence or vacation home, nor for personal property taxes on cars and boat. When I asked yesterday, you responded

"All of your input needs to be entered in the Federal section of the return. 

Go to the Federal section in the left panel  Select Deductions & Credits  Go to All tax breaks, select Your Home  Select Property (Real Estate) Taxes  Select Start to enter your information.

For the personal property taxes, you will follow the same procedure as above, but instead of Your Home, you will select Cars and Other Things You Own.  

Please comment if you are still having issues."

Yes, I'm still having issues.  I tried to create a new return, transferring information from 2019 tax year and going straight to the real estate tax deduction and cannot enter numbers there either.  There must be a software glitch.

Deductions & credits

I'm having same problem.  Tried going back and forward pages.  Tried closing program and re-opening.  Still can't enter anything in personal property tax, car registration.  Can't make a change to number in medical expenses!  Help!

Rjsmps
Returning Member

Deductions & credits

Same problem

Deductions & credits

Last year I included supporting details for this line.  If you go to supporting details and erase all prior information, that should fix the problem.

Deductions & credits

Last year I included supporting details for this line.  If you go to supporting details and erase all prior information, that should fix the problem.

Deductions & credits

Last year I included supporting details for this line; if you go to supporting details and erase all prior information, that should fix the problem.

Rjsmps
Returning Member

Deductions & credits

In the Edit menu I see an item for Add Supporting Detail, but it does not allow you to select this item

Rjsmps
Returning Member

Deductions & credits

I just got off the phone with TurboTax support.

They had me change setting for program to run it as Administrator.

This worked, problem solved

Deductions & credits

Hi,

It's a bug, and has to be fixed. Tax day is approaching, and users need to be able to enter their data, and finish their taxes.

Regarding the "Supporting Details from previous year" argument: I've been using TTx since 1996 always install from CD, and always import my previous year tax return with all its supporting details, and never had an issue. Actually, I reuse my previous year's supporting details. Btw, other fields that also have supporting details allow keyboard input without issues. Some fields do not, so this year there's an issue with some input boxes not accepting input

Deductions & credits

I am having the same problem this year.

Deductions & credits

I can’t enter any numbers in the real estate taxes section. I have updated and rebooted, twice. The update says my program is the latest update. I see this is not a unique problem. Can someone help me?

MoniqueLO_
Intuit Alumni

Deductions & credits

Please feel free to contact Customer Support so you can speak with someone who can assist you.

@soldiergirl2007

Deductions & credits

In past years you likely entered detailed information for each line item. If you go to Forms and click on the box you want to enter information, a + sign should come up. Click on the + sign and the detail should open with the information from the past year, enabling you to enter amounts for 2021.

AmyC
Expert Alumni

Deductions & credits

Running the program as administrator should work., Be aware that when you go into FORMS mode that you do not override anything as that will void the accuracy guarantee. You always want to go through the step by step for the program to make accurate calculations after any changes.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
Twity

Deductions & credits

I'm having the same problem.  The input box is inoperative for Property 
Taxes.