There is no way to choose itemized deductions for my state return if I select standard deductions on federal. My state allows me to do this but Turbo Tax won't.

So, I have been through my State return a number of times, and there is NEVER a way to choose to take itemized deductions if I selected the standard deduction on my federal return.  

My state does allow this

Deductions & credits

The following states allow you to itemize deductions on just the state return: Alabama, Arizona, Arkansas, California, Delaware, Hawaii, Idaho, Iowa, Kentucky, Minnesota, Mississippi, Montana, New York, North Carolina, Oregon, and Wisconsin  ....   so which state are you filing ???  

Deductions & credits

I am in one of the states that allows me to file with a standard deduction on Federal and itemize on State.  I did it last year using the fillable online forms from the state.  I will probably do that again this year because Turbo Tax won't do it for me. 

Last year I decided I'd let Turbo Tax do it this year.  It's pretty simple to do it through my State, but the forms take a long time to fill out online, and that's the best way to e-file with my state.  I thought it might be worth the fee to avoid the hassle of the online forms.  But I've already spent almost as much time trying to get Turbo Tax to handle it; it won't.

If I go back to my Federal return and select to itemize, it changes both my federal and state tax refund/due.  But there's no way to select a different option for my state, unless it's hidden in some secret place that I can't find.  I've gone through three additional times, and it's not there.

Unless you know where it is.