Why is TT reporting my mortgage interest as "not reported on a 1098" when I said it WAS on a 1098?

I have 3 1098's for 2020. Two are for the primary mortgage which I refinanced in late 2020 and the 3rd is for the 2nd mortgage (Home Equity Loan) which was NOT refinanced. I've indicated on each that a 1098 was received; however, on the Home Interest Worksheet, it is showing only the HEL as being reported on a 1098 (line 8a). The other 2 are indicated as not having been reported on a 1098 (line 8b). Why is it doing this and does it impact how or how much of the mortgage interest is considered deductible?

ThomasM125
Expert Alumni

Deductions & credits

It won't affect your tax return at all. The mortgage interest is deductible even if not reported on a form 1098. I would have to see your tax return to comment on why it is being reported that way.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Deductions & credits

Thank you, ThomasM125. I would love to show you my tax return, but since I can't upgrade from my Costco TT purchase to a TT Live version, I'm not sure how I can do that. 

AlanT222
Expert Alumni

Deductions & credits

Unfortunately, TurboTax Live is available for TurboTax Online customers only. TurboTax Live isn't available in the TurboTax CD/Download software.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"