Employee Tax Expert

Deductions & credits

All of your input needs to be entered in the Federal section of the return. 

  1. Go to the Federal section in the left panel 
  2. Select Deductions & Credits 
  3. Go to All tax breaks, select Your Home 
  4. Select Property (Real Estate) Taxes 

Please be aware if the total of your itemized deductions does not exceed the standard deduction amount, then the standard deduction amount will be used as it provides the highest tax benefit.


Standard vs. itemized


**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"