sbmarr

My W-2 box 12 is coded 'W' and $2500. I wasn't issued a 1099-SA. I called 4 companies but no one has a record of my being enrolled in an HSA. Can I skip entering the info

Anonymous
Not applicable

Deductions & credits

you would have received a 5498-SA for contributions.  the 1099-SA would only be issued if there were distributions.  if you have issues talk to the employer  - they should be able to tell you who the trustee is and how to contact them

Deductions & credits

A 1099-SA is only issued if you make withdrawals from an HSA.  The W-2 indicates your employer made deposits.  Your W-2 indicates that your employer deposited $2500 in an HSA on your behalf, either free money or your money from a salary reduction agreement taken from your paychecks.  If you did not make deposits into an HSA, you need to get a corrected W-2 from your employer.  The IRS has this information and if you don't correct it or report it, they will start sending you letters and assessing extra tax and penalties.

Deductions & credits

P.S.

The employer identified on the W-2 with a code of W is the one you should be talking to.